Monday, February 25, 2008

Pictures of Food?

David said I should blog about how much I love food and how that is evident by the fact that I take pictures of my food. Do you? Here are some of my favorite meals....

This was my very first "mango" experience! Jim Smith prepared this wonderful meal in Kauai when we (Michelle, Jim, David and I) went a couple years ago. Ahhh the delicious eggs, bacon, sweet Hawaiian bread - soaked in butter, and that juicy delicious Mango! We were so impressed with his Mango presentation! That meal started a life long love affair I have with Mangos! At this very moment I have 2 Mangos sitting on my counter ready to be eaten! The obsession doesn't stop there though...I have Mango lemonade, Mango body butter, Mango soap, Mango tea, Mango Sauce (like apple sauce), Mango spread, Mango candles, and so on and so on. All for the love of the Mango!



I once heard that a donut is the worst thing you could possibly eat. Well that has not stopped me from enjoying the most delicious dessert known to man! Now let me clarify something....I will not eat just any donut. I do care about what I put into my body that eventually will land right on my thighs! If I'm gonna eat a donut....it is gonna be fresh, not deep fried tasting, and when I am craving it the most! This beautiful artwork on the wall was at a donut shop in PHX while Erica and I were at Mommy Camp! We drove miles and miles to find this delicious donut place because we heard they were so fantastic! That they were! Gotta love a friend who loves donuts as much as you do! That's "my Erica!"






This is the famous "Steak Finger Meal". The talented Patsy Coyne (David's Mom) is the creator of this fabulous experience. The first time I had this meal was in 1990, and I have made a point to eat it every time I get the chance since then. I have made it myself a couple times...well actually with the help of others since it is so hard to serve it all at once and still be hot. Let me describe it to you so you can experience the watering of the mouth that I am experiencing right now.....mashed potatoes with a pool of butter in the middle, creamed peas (a bag of frozen peas in a white sauce), Steak fingers (Round steak rolled in flour, egg, flour again, deep fried in a ton of Crisco...cooked to perfection!) and last but not least....gravy (the consistancy of pudding, steak drippings, flour and milk) Add a couple sticks of carrots to make you feel better about eating all that grease and bamm.....there you have it....pure heaven!

So there you have it....do you take pictures of your food?

3 comments:

Teri said...

Glad to see you here in bloggersville! Can't say I take pictures of my food. Just don't find it worthy of a photo. However, maybe if I photographed it instead of eating it, I wouldn't pack on the pounds!

Mountain Mama said...

Dog-Gone-It! What was I thinking? Had a birthday party for Caleb and all I did was take pictures of the party and gifts - - NO FOOD PHOTOS! I will try to do you better next time.

Yes, we too, love The Spaghetti Factory. Great food, lots of it and affordable for a family our size.

Love your blog, girl. But it is time to post again. Anxiously waiting....
ashley
Idea hint: pics of the children

Jay Greer said...

hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I like yours! Your food photos crack me up! I should have taken a photo of what I ate today! I usually just point to something that looks good on the menu cause I cant read what it is... tonight I got something that was very strange. It was a mound of rice with ketchup on it. There was a omelet thingy on top of the ketchup-rice, and then it was covered in curry/gravy stuff and some stringy meat. MMM DELICIOUS. I ate a little, but then decided I needed ice cream instead. Well, I'm excited that you've got a blog. Thanks so much for all you've done for us. We love you guys and feel so blessed to have your support!!!
Love, Caitlin